Christmas is exactly one week away from today and 2018 is coming up shortly after! I am unsure about you but I am really looking forward to a new year, it certainly has been a roller coaster ride, but I am hoping for a more positive 2018.
Anyways with the hustle and bustle of Christmas being right around the corner, I thought it would be kind of fun to answer some really random questions that I have received this year through email that I never answered.
Lets jump right into it….
1. Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks? Dunkin’ Donuts, they have the best coffee in the world. I am never disappointed. If I drink Starbucks…it’s the Chia Tea Latte.
2. Do you prefer Subway or Panera? And what do you order? If you would have asked me ten years ago which one I prefer I would have said Panera…now it’s Subway. Panera I honestly can’t remember what I ordered…maybe their soup Broccoli Cheddar…Subway, Veggie Sub…Provolone Cheese, Spinach, Lettuce, Cucumber, Olives, Pickles with one swipe of mayo. It’s so good!
3. What were you like in high school? Haha! I think I was pretty normal, I am unsure how to answer this question. I think I pretty much got a long with everyone.
4. What was your favorite job you’ve ever had and your least favorite? Least favorite is I worked at a floral shop for literally a day. When I got the job I imagined learning how to make pretty floral arrangements, but it was far from that. For 8 hours I literally carried these massive boxes that were taller than me up and down these steep stairs that led to a basement that looked like something Freddie Kruger lived in. I couldn’t see over half of the boxes; it was so miserable. Granted I am not the tallest person in the world, but when the boxes stood taller than you before picking them up….as a manager I think that would be quite hazardous. Don’t you?
My favorite job was a Heinz Field Tour Guide. It was fantastic! I did 2 hour tours for field trips, and random groups throughout the one summer vacation from college. The hardest part of that job was when you would have fathers ask you trivia questions…and if I didn’t know the answer I would make something up. My favorite piece of trivia I would always mention is that the Rooney’s always wanted to keep their fans in the stadium at all times, so when they were building Heinz Field the bricks on the ground has season ticket holders names on them. Cool huh? That was a great job!
5. Worst date you’ve ever been on? I have two. The one was I met this guy at a party, we hit it off immediately. Asked for my number and I gave it to him. He did that stupid 3 day wait thing…we started texting all through the week, we went out the following Saturday..to dinner. I am unsure if he was really nervous…but he hardly spoke. It was the strangest thing in the world. We went out a few more times, and I chalked it up as to him just being nervous…but he continued to be a mute for the other two dates we went one. I got really bored and never went back out with him.
The second was when my aunt fixed me up with her best friends son. I don’t really think this qualifies as a date by any means. It was just strange. Anyways he got my number and asked if I wanted to meet up with him and a few of his friends. I was 16 or 17 at the time, and we met at a local parking lot of a shopping plaza one night. He introduced me as his date for the evening to all of his friends then all of a sudden him and his buddies whip out a Frisbee. And literally started playing frisbee in a parking lot. I watched for a few minutes, and I instantly wanted to leave. I should have, but I felt bad because my aunt knew him..so I stuck it out until I couldn’t take it anymore. I then texted my friend Crystal and said “Hey you need to meet me at the Jonet Plaza, there are a bunch of hot guys I am hanging out with.” She literally made it over within ten minutes; I remember her saying to me “okay Sarah where are the hot guys at?” Needless to say I lied. We left within 20 minutes of her arriving..and when my aunt asked if I liked him, I just simply said “not my type.” It was so strange. I didn’t want to be a mean to him but I couldn’t do it. He wasn’t my type.
6. Worst thing that has ever happened to you in high school? Oh god, honestly speaking I had a ton of awkward moments. There are two that really stick out. I was in tenth grade and I just returned back from Hawaii for two weeks, and had a ton of papers; and I was too “cool,” to use a backpack. So my friend Paula and I one day after school walked to a local Italian restaurant, well we needed to cross a very busy street to get to this restaurant..we got the right away to walk across the street then all of a sudden I drop a HUGE stack of papers…massive. Do you know where I am heading with this? We are standing in the middle of the road…THEN all of a sudden a truck flies by us and my papers become airborne. They were all over the place! It looked like someone dropped paper from the sky….I remember we were laughing so hard we were crying.
The second one was I was a senior in high school and driving to school; mostly because I was working after school. I had this old car at the time that the craziest shit always happened to me. So I left school..hopped in my car drove down to the stop sign….pressed on the gas paddle and BOOM….my car tire flew off and rolled down the hill. I remember watching it roll down the hill and all I could think was “oh shit..this isn’t good.” Well I ended up blocking busses…causing traffic…the police had to redirect traffic, because when my cars tired decided to take off I lost control of my car and the way my car was angled no one could get around it. Of course everyone you know was either working, and the only person that answered my phone calls was my friend Crystal. She rescued me by calling AAA. My one teacher drove by and said “I would totally help..but my wife is in labor.” Come Monday at school….I got endless questions of what happened. I hated that car…I could write a blog series on it.
7. Would you rather go see a Chick Flick at the movies OR Horror? Horror Please! Surprisingly, I am not much of a Chick Flick kind of girl. Don’t get me wrong I have a list of ones that I do enjoy, but I am more of a Suspense, Horror type of person if going to the movies. Insidious 3 is coming out in January, I will go see that!
8. Favorite alcoholic drinks? I am not a big drinker, never have been. I do enjoy a glass of wine, but my go-to drink is Yuengling Beer, I really like Lagers. I hate hate hate Vodka, any drink that has a Vodka in it…I don’t drink. I do love a good Strawberry Daiquiris or Pina Colada.
9. Least favorite food? Hands down…Spaghetti…now you can gasp and tell me how crazy I am.
10. What is your favorite comedy? I love love love…My Cousin Vinny! I am a huge Joe Pecsi fan.
11. How tall are you? 5 4 1/2 and 5’5 on a good day…..
12. What do you think are good qualities of a healthy relationship? I think every relationship that you’re going to have is going to be different. Basic qualities I think that help you have a healthy relationship is honestly and trust, as cliche as that sounds honesty and trust are two major qualities that I look for if I am dating someone. If you can’t be honest with me..then how do I trust you? For me that works hand in hand. Experience each others interests…meaning be open to try something that they like to do; experience what makes them tick. For instance if they enjoy cooking…cook with them…if they like hiking…go for a hike be open to try something different. Experience their world before you entered it, I think that is always fun. For instance if I was dating someone and say we were in Hawaii…I would take them to my favorite spot and take them paddle boarding or kayaking…okay probably both…but when I am doing those things, I found that I am at my most natural state possible…if that makes sense. Another quality that I like is patience; I have been told I have the patience of a saint which I think can be a blessing and curse at the same time..BUT..having patience is important for me. And lastly…but sending a Good Morning text OR let me know when you get home (to make sure you made it home safely) are major brownie points in my book.
13. Do you buy ice cream by the gallon? This is such a weird question that I had to answer it. By the pint is how I buy ice cream, because I never know what I am in the mood for. Why limit yourself to one flavor when you can buy options?
14. What is something that you want to do but never have? Ahh camping! I have never gone camping, honestly speaking I am sort of intimidated by it. I am not opposed to “glamping,” but I wouldn’t mind pitching a tent…not sleep on dirt..you know one of those tents that collapse. I do require a shower nightly! I would love to try it out…but I am unsure if I would like it. I guess you never know unless you try.
15. Do you wear foundation? No I don’t, I don’t wear a ton of makeup.
16. Since you’re a single mom does it intimidate you to start dating? No, it doesn’t. My life as a mom and my social life are two different things. When it comes to dating, Sophia will not meet every person I date..I am very adamant about that. It’s not fair to her. I want the person I am dating to get to know me as Sarah first; if that makes sense. Over time if I feel comfortable with the person I am dating then I would allow him to meet Sophia, especially if the relationship develops into something more serious. I get that I come as a package deal…and that might not be okay for some men..and that’s ok, but ultimately I am a mom…and when I decided to bring a life into this world I lost all rights to settle.
17. What is your favorite dessert? Tiramisu
18 What is your dream vacations? I have 4 four France, Italy, Ireland and Turks & Caicos
19. What kind of guys are you attracted too? Hmmm.. I think a big one is someone with a sense of humor. I like guys that are tall, not afraid to get their hands dirty. I like a guy-guy…if that makes sense. I am not saying a guy in a suit isn’t a guy-guy but I am not really into pretty boys….you know…they take 3 hours to get ready…and every hair on their head has to be perfect before leaving the house or could possibly get their nails manicured and eye brows waxed.
20. Are you dating anyone? This is probably the most asked question I have received this year, and no I am not dating anyone. I am definitely not opposed to dating by any means. I am ready to move on.
21. What is one thing you are really bad at? MATH!!! OMG! I can’t stress that enough, I am probably the worst person in the world when it comes to math. Anything beyond basic math, my brain does not comprehend it.
22. What are 5 random facts about yourself? I am afraid of the dark. I am funny about my feet…the idea of stepping into a lake makes my toes curl…thinking about it freaks me out. And I can spell any sentence or word backwards. I can’t stand drama at all..I run and hide from it. When I am nervous my hands are ice cold.
So I hope you enjoyed the random questions that I have received for 2017! If you have anymore please don’t hesitate to email me.